Tasty Tuesday | Day 21 #PlantbasedMay
This EGGPLANT COCONUT CURRY RECIPE is a simple, creamy eggplant curry is a perfect balance of sweet, savoury & spicy that's absolutely delicious! Using a cast iron skillet for the eggplant is recommended - you can then get the right crisp texture without using too much oil.
EGGPLANT COCONUT CURRY RECIPE
* 1 medium size eggplant, cut into rounds and then halved (make sure the slices are not too thin)
* 2 tbsp neutral oil
* 1 tsp ground turmeric
* 1 tsp coriander powder
* 2 tsp cayenne (use more to suit your taste - I like it spicy here)
* 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (or cream for thicker)
* 1 serrano pepper (optional)
* Curry leaves (optional)
* 1 tsp garam masala
* Juice of 1/2 lime * Salt, to taste
Instructions: Heat oil in a cast iron skillet, add the eggplant, sprinkle salt.
Add the ground turmeric, ground coriander, cayenne, 1/4 cup water and stir fry on medium heat until the eggplant slices have wilted and somewhat crisp. I stir fried (stirring occasionally), for 20 minutes.
Add serrano pepper and curry leaves, if using.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the coconut milk, then return to heat (low heat) and simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
Sprinkle the garam masala, adjust the seasoning, if needed.
Squeeze fresh lime juice just before serving with rice or flatbread. : @veganbowls @yummyyatra
#mindfulliving #vegancurry #plantbasedvegan - 2 hours ago