Duration: 30 to 60 seconds
Stretches: Throat, Navel, Psoas major muscle(hip flexors), Front of the neck, Muscles between the ribs
Strengthens: Muscles of the upper back, Back of the neck
- Highly beneficial in curing abdominal ailments and constipation.
- Intestine and abdominal organs are stretched and exercised.
- Helpful in relieving inflammation and bleeding of piles.
- Prevents respiratory disorders such as asthma and bronchitis.
- Alleviates back pain by improving the blood circulation in the spine.
- Improves the functioning of thyroid gland and develops strong immune system.
- Increases vitality and preserves youthfulness.
STEPS TO PERFORM
1. Sit in padmasana or the cross legged meditative pose.
2. Slowly arch your back and continue till the head touches the ground.
3. One can use the elbows to give support the weight of the trunk during the arching process.
4. Once the back of the head touches the ground, bring your hands forward and grab the toes of the feet.
5. The entire body weight will rest on the buttocks and the head and to some extent elbows.
6. Remain in this position for as long as it is comfortable.
7. Relax and breathe normally and slowly in the final pose.
#simplifiedyoga #yogapants #yoga #yogachallenge #yogaposes #yogagirl #yogafit #yogaeveryday #yogaasana #yogi #yogalife #yogafit #yogainspiration #yogini #yogaeverywhere #yogaeverywhere #fitness #fitnessmotivation #dailyfitness #motivation # - 1 hour ago