Just for fun and something a little different, I wrote down 5 super geeky things about myself for you all to enjoy. 🤓
1) I can solve a Rubik's Cube in less than two minutes. I've always thought it would be a fun 'party trick' to have, so I finally memorized all the basic algorithms this year. My fastest time is 1:05, but I got really, really lucky with that solve.
2) I have the Dictionary.com app on my phone, and every morning it gives me a new Word of the Day. If I'm being honest, I don't remember it for very long but I figure it must be tucked away in my subconscious somewhere, right?
3) If I could have a life do-over, I'd be tempted to go to school for earth sciences. I have a weird obsession with tectonic plates, I desperately want to go tornado chasing one day, I think weather patterns are fascinating, and I would love to be able to name all the different cloud types.
4) Every year, I create a new note in Evernote to keep track of all the books I read. I track the title, author, and the date I finished the book. Right now, I'm on pace to finish 59 books in 2018.
5) When I visit a new city, I love to visit the main library branch in town. It's amazing how universal libraries are around the world! My favourites so far? The downtown Vancouver Public Library (such gorgeous architecture!), the downtown Seattle Public Library (9 floors and such a clever expandable shelving solution!), The British Library (I saw the original draft of How Do I Love Thee by Elizabeth Barrett Browning and cried), and The Scottish Poetry Library in Edinburgh (a library of just poetry and yes, I cried some more). - 5 hours ago