Do you eat WELL?
Eating well is a form of self-care! Many people think that eating less will get you results. That can be answered both “yes” and “no.” Eating LESS will get you results upfront, but it is NOT sustainable for a healthy lifestyle. You must eat WELL! For me, that means eating whole foods – no processed foods – foods that don’t have an ingredient list because they ARE the ingredient.
And even if you are eating whole foods, your body still may not consider it “eating well.” Eating WELL also means eating ENOUGH! Even though I was eating clean a year ago, I was not eating WELL – I was not eating ENOUGH to fuel my body.
So today, for me, eating well means eating whole foods AND eating enough – seven meals a day, 2-3 hours apart – double the amount of food that I was eating a year ago!
Swipe right to see what I ate today!
1. Pre-Workout Meal: Veggie egg bake with sweet potato crust, half a banana and PB
2. Recover (reduces soreness and helps build lean muscle) after my run blended with plantain, frozen berries and PB
3. Post-Workout Meal: Squash parfait with cacao nibs, Chocolate Shakeology with spinach and PB
4. Lunch: Elk steak, baked potato, brussels/broccoli/tomato, olives, an orange, and PB
5. Snack: Dried elk and duck peppers sticks, carrots and cucumbers, apple and PB
6. Supper: Venison chops, sweet potato and PB, green beans, beets, avocado, and blackberries
7. Recharge before bed (helps repair and build muscle overnight)
#foodisfuel #fuelyourbody #wholefood #realfood #eatwellbewell #whatsonmyplate #oneingredient #eatwell #eatrealfood #eatclean - 2 hours ago