Fail-proof vegan cacao cupcakes with blackberry frosting. Truth be told, I’m not a big fan of a frosted cupcake, but I know you might be- so just delivering 🏿 You can skip the frosting too if you like, and eat as it or with a dollop of chia jam, coconut yoghurt or natural PB. .
We get to teach oil workshops all weekend long, and I’m so excited! I love talking wellness, vibrational plant medicine, low-tox (and waste) living and sharing about how to use oils to bust the stress response. We have a couple of spots left for JUNE- so if you’re in Victoria... hit me up! I’d love to come teach you 🏽.
For the cupcakes
1/2 cup soy milk (or preferred plant based milk)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup light-flavoured oil
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup (125g) plain flour
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb
1/4 tsp salt
50g vegan butter
1/2 cup powdered, organic sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup blackberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 6 muffin tray with patty pans.
2. In a small mixing bowl, mix milk and vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes to create a buttermilk. Once thickened, add oil, sugar and vanilla and whisk to combine. Ste aside.
3. In a second, large mixing bowl sift in dry ingredients. Mix well, then pour in wet ingredients. Fold until it just comes together then spoon into patty pans until 3/4 full. Bake for 16-20 mins, or until an inserted skewer comes out with only a few crumbs.
4. Allow cupcakes to cool 5 mins before turning onto a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before icing.
5. MAKE BUTTERCREAM. add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl. Using an electric beater, whip for a few minutes or until light and fluffy. Pipe onto cold cupcakes and enjoy! - 49 minutes ago