THERMOMIX Recipe: Vegan Fusion Risotto
Here’s a quick dinner I made in 30 minutes because I had Arborio rice and I was pretty sure I could veganise the Risotto recipe that was in my TMX cookbook. It turned out so good I had to type it all out and share it with you. I was inspired by after watching Massimo Bottura’s lesson on Pumpkin Risotto and he encouraged us to use our local ingredients and experiment and explore. So since I had plucked curry leaves and daun kaduk from my walk in the morning, this was the perfect time to use it. I’m calling this a fusion recipe because it has all these Asian elements in it - miso, goji berries, taucu but yet it still retains the texture and likeness of risotto. If you make it, please tag me so I can see your dishes too! Feel free to share this, as always to help the animals, the earth and the people. #govegan
50gm dried porcini mushrooms
30 gm coconut oil
2 pinches of saffron
320g Arborio riice
60g white wine
1 tablespoon organic taucu
1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
Handful of goji berries
Daun kaduk, sliced finely
2 stalks of curry leaves
Sheese vegan cheese, grated
Fresh wasabi, grated
Freshly ground dried papaya seeds (to replace black pepper)
1. Advanced prep: Soak dried porcini mushrooms in water for 30 minutes to rehydrate them.
2. Add coconut oil, mushrooms and saffron into mixing bowl and saute 3 min/120°C/speed 1.
3. Add rice and saute 3 min/120°C/reverse/speed 1 without measuring cup.
4. Add white wine and cook 1 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1 without measuring cup.
5. Add water, taucu, salt, and scrape bottom of mixing bowl with spatula to loosen rice. Cook 12 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1 without measuring cup.
6. Allow risotto to rest for 1 minute. Stir in goji berries, daun kaduk, curry leaves, miso into risotto.
7. Top with nutritional yeast, vegan cheese, wasabi, ground dried papaya seeds
DM me if you’re interested in buying a Thermomix and we can arrange a vegan demo for you. Not all Thermomix advisors can advise you on vegan recipes, so be sure you get yours from the right one who can support you all the way. - 17 days ago