I usually don’t like cooking my fruits, but I’ll make an exception for these caramelized bananas and nectarines <3
I love eating breakfast foods but I never wake up to eat them at the proper time. Hence I ate these beautiful oats at a respectable 1 pm.
I indulged myself at Goodwill yesterday and bought this amazing clay bowl that I love, along with lots of other kitchenware that I didn’t need.
Spiced Oats with Caramelized Bananas and Nectarines
: 15 mins
Half a cup of rolled oats
A few shakes of cinnamon and nutmeg
Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and granola
- Pour the oats in a pan and add enough water to barely submerge
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the liquid disappears, add cinnamon and nutmeg
- Slice the nectarine into wedges, cutting around the pit like you would cut an avocado
- Heat a touch of olive oil in a pan on low heat and cook the nectarines on both sides until translucent
- Once done, remove and cook the bananas on high heat until browned
- Throw it all together, top with seeds and granola and whatever else you want - 3 hours ago