We were so overwhelmed to see around 450 people show up for the Global Climate Strike organised by @fridaysforfuture.india on 24 March, 2019. Thank you to everyone who came to strike for the climate! EVERYONE was NEEDED!
Awareness is the first step to change. However, we are running short of time and mere awareness won't make the cut anymore. We demand Climate Action and we ask the government to declare a Climate Emergency NOW!
We also have a huge role to play and offset our individual emissions. Here are a few sustainable choices that go a long way:
1) Usage of public transport reduces your carbon footprint extensively
2) Reduce the usage of plastic in every way possible, recycle or reuse the rest
3) Eliminate the consumption of meat and dairy. Animal agriculture is one of the leading causes of climate change,deforestation and resource depletion. According to the UN, going vegan is the single best way to offset your emissions
4) Avoid adding to fast fashion. Upcycle your clothes or thrift
5) Be aware of personal resource utilisation
6) Actively participate in public decision making
Because it is our future and our home that is at stake. It is not too late to act. The oceans are rising and so should we.
Reposted from @disha.ravi - 1 hour ago