Is your mouth watering yet? Cause mine is! Here’s the recipe for the best damn carnitas tacos you will ever make... Ingredients: * 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 2 teaspoons dried oregano
* 2 teaspoons salt, or more, to taste
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 4 pound pork shoulder, excess fat trimmed
* 4 cloves garlic, peeled
* 2 onions, quartered
* 2 oranges, juiced
* 2 limes, juiced
1. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Season pork shoulder with spice mixture, rubbing in thoroughly on all sides.
2. Place garlic, onions, orange juice, lime juice and seasoned pork shoulder into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
3. Remove pork shoulder from the slow cooker and shred the meat before returning to the pot with the juices; season with salt and pepper, to taste, if needed. Cover and keep warm for an additional 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to broil. Place carnitas onto a baking sheet and broil until crisp and crusted, about 3-4 minutes. - 9 minutes ago