To my siblings and I, our dad was the ultimate protector, provider and parent. I could not have wished for a better father. Thank you Heavenly Father for making me a replica of my dad in most respects & blessing me with the best role model. I remain fortunate to have had the many encouraging conversations with my dad as well as the life changing bet when my dad challenged me to enter Miss South Africa. I’ve been wanting to pay tribute to my dad for the last 25 years and finally did so earlier this year when the rest of my family were ready. The seven characteristics of my dad which were common to every tribute, story or memory shared were:
1. His love of family & him prioritising his immediate & extended family.
2. His values of honesty, selflessness, generosity, truth, compassion & peace.
3. Him being a perpetually ambitious entrepreneur, leader, visionary & strategist.
4. His love for fitness & being an accomplished sportsman.
5. Him striving for perfection in his professional & personal life.
6. His love of life, music, holidays, people, classic & sports cars.
7. His loyalty, hard working nature & impossible not being a part of his vocabulary.
Thank you dad for affording us the best of the best. I learnt this year that after all these decades, you remain an exemplary role model to most of my male friends from university, to most of your family members and to many in our community. Thank you for raising and disciplining us with love & patience. Thank you for all the advice, lessons & being my superhero. To my friends, you remain the coolest dad. I continue to have the utmost respect for you & am profoundly grateful for your belief in me. Telling me to be the woman who earned & owned a Ferrari rather than marrying a man who drove one is part of some of the best advice you gave me. I am because of you. Thank you! .
#fathers #fathersday #superhero #hero #rolemodel #dad #joey #sportsman #entrepreneur #visionary #classiccarlover #sportscarlover #familyman #perfectionist #dadsanddaughters #eldestchild - 2 hours ago