1. White Hat – also referred to as ethical hackers, are the good guys of the hacker world. They’ll help you remove a virus or PenTest a company.
2. Black Hat – also known as crackers, are the ones you hear about in the news. They find companies with weak security and steal money or credit card information. The surprising truth about their methods of attack is that they often use common hacking practices they learned early on.
3. Script Kiddie – copy code and use it for a virus or an SQLi for example. Script Kiddies will never hack for themselves; they’ll just download overused software (LOIC or Metasploit, for example) and watch a YouTube video on how to use it.
4. Grey Hat – nothing is ever just black or white; the same is true in the world of hacking. These hackers don’t steal money or information, yet they don’t help people for good. They comprise most of the hacking world, even though Black Hat hackers garner most (if not all) of the media’s attention.
5. Green Hat – These are the hacker n00bs, but unlike Script Kiddies, they care about hacking and strive to become full-blown hackers. They’re often flamed by the hacker community for asking many basic questions.
6. Red Hat – These are the vigilantes of the hacker world. They’re like White Hats in that they halt Black Hats. Instead of reporting the malicious hacker, they shut him/her down by uploading viruses and accessing his/her computer to destroy it from the inside out. They leverage multiple aggressive methods.
7. Blue Hat – If a Script Kiddie took revenge, he/she might become a Blue Hat. Blue Hat hackers will seek vengeance on those who’ve them angry. Most Blue Hats are n00bz, but like the Script Kiddies, they have no desire to learn.
Which type of hacker would you be? 👾
To know more about Ethical Hacking just Follow 👉 @helpthehack_
#hackers #hacker #hacking #exploit #mrrobot #cybersecurity #cybercrime #pentesting #cyber #linux #infosec #ethicalhacker #anonymous #HelpTheHack #datasecurity #cyberworld
#hackerman #informationsecurity #dataprotection #cyberattack #hack #hacked #computerscience
#ethicalhacking #kalilinux #hackerstayaway #informationtechnology #hackerspace - 5 hours ago