Such a great success at my first go at creating a garlic and onion-free hot sauce. Bonus that I got to use so many ingredients from our garden. ❤️
By using carrots, I didn’t have to add any sugar. Fair warning. Still quite spicy, like I love!! Recipe below. You know I don’t measure by now. 😜
1. Roast sliced carrots and diced ginger in olive oil on 425° for 20 minutes.
2. Cut tops off of peppers (I used jalapeño, Serrano, and cherry bomb), sear on dry cast iron skillet on high (about two minutes on all sides).
3. Combine seared peppers to carrots last 5 minutes in oven.
4. Combine all ingredients with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, handful of fresh basil, juice of one lime in blender or food processor on high. Add oil and vinegar to desired consistency and taste.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste
I can’t wait to put this goodness on everything!! - 5 days ago