#inspire Feeling really good tonight. You know when you get that feeling inside your body that tells you you’re (near) healthy? That’s how I feel, right now. I remember when I started this journey. It was last November. I have been through quite a bit in my time, but the journey to today just shows the person I am. The person I have always been. Some roads shouldn’t be travelled down, but instead of “crying over spilt milk” pick yourself up and learn from the situation. This also applies to weight loss. Things happen - whatever reason they may be - and it’s hard to cope at times with unexpected situations, even if you were in the moment, or fully aware of what was happening. Pick yourself up and learn from the situation. It can be hard. It can get difficult. BUT, I would rather live life and choose to get out of the rut, and pursue what’s meaningful, what makes me feel good. I’d like to respect myself. I remember the first changes I did when I started this weight loss journey. Here are my tips:
1. Make no excuses.
2. Exercise today. Not tomorrow, not next week, but today.
3. Therefore, set a schedule/plan on how your day will plan out on a daily basis.
4. Do what works for you. That entails what time in the day is best to exercise.
6. Small steps. Train your mind. Positive self-talk - like, “I will go for a walk today because I can.” Very important.
5. Get rid of all junk food from your diet. Smaller plates can help with portion sizes. Also, scales! Weigh your food. (Scales don’t cost much from Target/Kmart!)
6. Read content at the back of every item of food you purchase - very helpful.
7. Do your research: wholesome foods is what I stick to. Some foods I like: Protein (lean meat, tofu, eggs), lots AND lots of vegetables (non-starch) WITH every meal. Low-fat yoghurt (calcium - a must!), fruit (preferably low Glucose Index fruit), whole grains - including bread (must have seeds!), add some low-fat spread of your choice with it, etc.
8. Variety and different cooking methods are key.
9. Consistency is what will get you to the finish line.
10. Never give up. Keep going. Some days will be harder than others.
(These changes turned into a habit and now I LOVE it ALL.) - 20 minutes ago