* Ahmad Khan a local businessman from Bangalore has been fighting plastic crisis from 2002.
* Around 1500 tonnes of plastic is produced in the bangalore per day.Only 25% of goes for recycling,the rest is dumped in land or oceans or burnt.
* Khan runs a firm named KK Plastic Waste Management that aims to been building roads using waste plastic for a decade. It has been working for BBMP since 2002.
* Khan’s firm supplies waste plastic to BBMP, which cleans and shreds it. Eight parts plastic are mixed with 100 parts bitumen to create a hard-wearing road surface.
* According to a BBMP report, the roads made using waste did not develop cracks and provided a smooth riding surface displaying much better durability even two years after construction.
* Around 2,000km of arterial and sub-arterial roads such as Bellary Road and G C Road of the city has been laid using waste plastic.
#recycle #reuseofplastic #unsungHero #plasticwaste #PlasticPollution #nammabengaluru - 9 hours ago