Cauliflower Cheddar Biscuits
Makes 4 servings:
• 3 greens • 1 leaner protein• 2 condiments
• 1 head cauliflower, leaves removed and cut into florets = 8 greens
• 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets = 4 greens
1 ½ cup low fat cheddar cheese, grated = 1 leaner protein
• 1 ½ cup 2 % greek yogurt = 1 leaner protein
• 4 eggs & 8 egg whites = 2 leaner protein
• 3 tablespoons water = nothing
• 3/4 teaspoon salt = 3 condiments
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder = 1 condiment
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder = 1 condiment
• ½ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper, to taste = 1 condiment
1. Preheat oven to 400º F lightly grease 1-2 (mini) muffin tin(s) with non-stick spray.
2. Working in batches, place cauliflower and broccoli florets in food processor and pulse until it resembles grains of rice.
3. Place grated vegetables in a large, microwaveable dish, along with 3 tablespoons water, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 5 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
4. Carefully remove steamed cauliflower and transfer to a clean kitchen towel. Wrap up the cauliflower and wring out all excess moisture into the sink.
5. Repeat until all liquid has been drained.
6. Transfer cauliflower and broccoli to a large bowl and mix in cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt and eggs, then season with salt, onion and garlic powder, and pepper.
7. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then gradually fold egg whites into cauliflower mixture. Don’t over mix.
8. Spoon batter into muffin tins, then place muffin tins in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. - 11 minutes ago