Vegetarian *This recipe uses a stand mixer*
* 5 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
* 1 Tbsp. himalayan salt
* 1 packet of active dry yeast
* 2 cups of warm water
* 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 3 1/2 Tbsp. honey
* 2 Tsp. oregano -
1. Place all dry ingredients (including yeast) into the bowl of your stand mixer
2. In a separate bowl, combine oil, honey and warm water. Stir well to combine.
3. Using your dough hook attachment, mix dry ingredients on ‘stir’ for 30 seconds.
4. (Turn off mixer) Add your liquid and set mixer to ‘2’ for about 2 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes.
5. Mix dough again for 3 minutes. Remove from dough hook and knead dough on a floured surface.
6. Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with cling wrap and a dish towel. Let sit for 1 hour.
7. Knead dough again on a floured surface and form dough into two loaves and place into 2 dough pans. Let sit, covered with a dish towel for 1 hour.
8. Drizzle with oil and oregano and bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes (until crust is golden brown)
9. Remove from loaf pans and let cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes. - 57 minutes ago