Pearl Barley And Quinoa With Pesto And Oven Roasted Grape Tomatoes And Baby(Mini) Peppers.
INGREDIENTS • 1 cup of pearl #barley • 1 cup tricolor #quinoa
• water for cooking barley and quinoa according instructions • 1 pint of grape tomatoes • 3 garlic cloves,smashed • 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper • 1 lb of baby peppers
• 2 tbsp of olive oil,divided • salt, pepper••••
️For #pesto • 1 package of baby kale @organicgirl • 1 package of baby spring mix @organicgirl • 1 bunch of organic scallions,chopped • 1 bunch of organic cilantro,leaves and tender stems chopped • 4 garlic cloves, chopped • 1/4 cup of roasted almonds,chopped • juice of half of lemon • 1/2 cup grated hard cheese • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil,very good quality • salt, pepper •••••
1. Cook barley and quinoa according instructions.
2. Oven roasted grape tomatoes by @foodandwine :
preheat the oven to 400°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatoes with the garlic, crushed red pepper and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the tomatoes for about 20 minutes, until they burst and their skins begin to shrivel, stirring once halfway through. Set aside.
3. Oven roasted baby peppers by @sherylatladybehindthecurtain :
preheat oven to 400°.
Line a large 1-inch rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Add peppers, drizzle with oil and mix with hands to make sure all the peppers are evenly coated.
Bake about 20 minutes. Set aside.
Combine all ingredients in the blender and process until smooth,adjusting salt, pepper and olive oil to your taste.
•#onmyplate : #garnish and carved chicken breast from @perduechicken •
️Without meat this dish turns #vegetarian
#homecooking #healthyfood #myrecipe #eatwell #eat #foodie #foodporn #foodblogger #colorfood - 6 hours ago