Reposting my top spots for India so far—>
1. Sun Temple, Jaipur- simple ancient structures with many monkeys, cows and rats running around. Great to watch sunset + meditate. FREE.
2. Big Banyan Tree, Arambol, Goa-a peaceful, beautiful & massive Banyan tree temple in amongst nature. FREE.
3. Triveni Ghat, Rishikesh- a holy space for ganga Aarti Fire ceremony near where the locals live. Drumming and dancing follows after, join in! FREE.
4. Anand Prakash Ashram, Rishikesh- meditation, puja, yoga, veggie meals, ashram life. Charge pppn includes all.
5. The Ghats, Varanasi- ancient steps lead down to the Ganga river & are used for open air cremations, ceremonies, bathing, playing, trading etc. Many types of people and animals. Special mentions: Manikarnika Ghat: main cremations, Assi Ghat: daily fire puja, public yoga in mornings and Aarti twice/day. FREE.
6. Savitri Temple, Pushkar- a temple dedicated to one of Brahma’s wives sits 650 stairs up a hill. Pray or meditate at the top with an exquisite view over the desert of Rajasthan. FREE.
7. Triund Mountain, Himachal Pradesh- a strenuous climb up past small villages, a waterfall & many rhododendron trees leads to snowy peaks. Have chai tea and Maggi noodles at the top after snowball fights! FREE.
8. Dhanotu, Himachal Pradesh- a small village home to the Peepal Farm which is a sustainable farm and compassionate animal shelter that welcomes volunteers. Alternatively, stay in a nearby homestay! Peaceful place with friendly faces. Himalayas seen in distance, very GREEN! Small charge p/n.
9. Golden Temple, Amritsar- beautiful temple and complex is very organized, peaceful and clean. On-site kitchen serves food 24/7 & also free basic temple accommodation. FREE but donations encouraged.
10. Lodi Gardens, New Delhi- a reprieve from the city; beautifully curated gardens, recycling bins and ancient tombs. Amazing spot. FREE.
11. Beatles Ashram, Rishikesh- overgrown jungle ruins adorned in beautiful murals and art. Once used by the Beatles, they learnt transcendental meditation from their guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, now an amazing spot and space for yoga on abandoned rooftops! RS 600 to enter for tourists. - 11 minutes ago