My mom would always make us albondigas soup (A traditional Mexican meatball soup) growing up and it has always been my favorite soup. I made a cross between albondigas and chicken noodle soup and you have what I’m going to call albondigas zoodle soup.
Albondigas zoodle soup
1 lb @buyranchdirect ground chicken
2 carrots chopped
1 tbsp avocado oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1/3 cup yellow diced onions
1/4 cup red diced red onion
1 red bell pepper
1 jalapeño deseeded
1 handful cilantro
1/2 small zucchini
2 tbsp @primalpalate Super gyro seasoning
1 package @bonafideprovisions Chicken bone broth
Salt + pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
1/2 tbsp oregano
2 zucchini’s spiralized
1. Add red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, jalapeño, red bell pepper to food processor and pulse a couple times (or chop).
2. Add veggie mixture to ground chicken, and 1 tbsp of super gyro seasoning, mix and form into meatballs.
3. Add 1 tbsp avocado oil to pot and heat. Add onions, carrots, salt + pepper and cook 5-7 minutes.
4. Add garlic, 1 tbsp super gyro seasoning, oregano, bay leaf, and stir for a couple minutes.
5. Add broth + 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
6. Add meatballs and once they float to top they are done.
7. Add spiralized zucchini and cook for a couple minutes. - 26 days ago