APPLE • FRITTERS
I can distinctly remember making these in my early teens. This was an easy recipe to make and my siblings loved them.
Fast forward many years and I love making these for my kids. It's one of their most favorite snacks/dessert and uses ingredients you probably already have. Yes, they are fried. Yes, they are coated in sugar. Yes, they are DELICIOUS!!! Apple fritters are a must in my home after we've been apple picking, the quintessential fall recipe, but honestly, we enjoy them year round!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon powder
2/3 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp oil
2-3 cups of apple of your choice, peeled and chopped
Oil for frying
1 cup cinnamon sugar (made with 1 cup of sugar and 1-2 tsp of cinnamon powder)
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon powder.
2. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients: milk, eggs and 1 tbsp oil until well combined
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ones until well incorporated. Add chopped apples and mix until the apples are evenly distributed in the batter.
4. Heat oil on medium heat and drop spoonfuls of batter into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on all sides.
5. Let the fritters drain on some paper towels for 1-2 minutes before tossing in the cinnamon sugar.
#thehurriedchef #applerecipes #applerecipe #applefritter #applefritters #homemade #homecooked #dessertideas #snacksforkids #cinnamonsugarcoating #cinnamonandapple #thefeedfeed #dessertfeed #snackfeed #instafoodie - 4 days ago