1. What: Daxi old street / 大溪老街
2. What to do: In early Taiwan, Daxi was prosperous as a log-shipping center. Despite that no more boats carrying logs are seen on the river, nowadays Daxi is famous for beautiful Baroque-style architecture. Daxi Old Street is filled with diverse mansions and stores with the facades designed in a Baroque style. It's a perfect blend of the East and West architecture.
3. Where: Taoyuan county / 桃園縣
4. How to get there: take local train from Taipei Main station or Banqiao station to Taoyuan station, switch to the bus 502.
5. How much: Free of charge.
6. What time: buses are operating daily 07:00-18:00, most of the stores in Daxi are operating daily 10:00-20:00
Adventurous people can find more at #dimi_travel
- 3 days ago