It is a place with Prussian, German and Russian history. Wünsdorf was a Soviet city in the GDR, shielded from the rest of the country. GDR citizens had no access to the military part. 590 hectares of barracks, nearly 700 buildings from the past hundred and twenty years - many are already renovated today, a large part but rots to itself. During the First World War, pioneer groups were stationed here, fighting in France. During the Second World War, the Wehrmacht High Command was stationed here, and a headquarters was set up. In 1945, the Soviet Marshal Shukov settled here. Over the years, the largest garrison of the Red Army emerged outside the Soviet Union - at times up to 75,000 men, women and children lived in the secluded and strictly guarded area, with cinemas, supermarkets, schools, leisure facilities, etc. The House of the Officers is only a small one but nevertheless attractive, architecturally valuable part of the former whole.
Is this place still interesting ?
_________________________________ - 2 hours ago