As promised ☝🏼 My fav mobility exercises for warm-up and cool-down. Swipe to see them all 👉🏼
1. Lying Lower Back Rotations - Don’t let your knees fall to the floor during the warm up, keep this movement dynamic. But in the cool down, you can allow you knees to drop to the floor and hold each side for a longer stretch.
2. Cat and Cow - I tend to just do this exercise for warming up. This allows you to stretch out your whole spine.
3. Thread the Needle - This is a brilliant mobility exercise for your thoracic spine. You will be able to tell if you have imbalances in either side (my left side is much stiffer than my right) and is a great one to practice regularly to improve your overhead press 💪🏼
4. Knees to Chest Hold - You can do this standing up or lying down. I tend to do both during the warm-up & alternate between single & double leg holds. Again don’t hold for too long during the warm-up aim to keep your body moving through the stretch and once cooling down you can hold the stretches for a little longer.
5. Cobra - Great mobility movement (as seen in yoga 🧘♀️) that allows you to stretch out your lumbar spine. Squeeze your glutes at the top of this movement to protect your back. I add this in both warm-up and cool-downs, but will hold the stretch for longer during the cool-down.
6. Seated Lower Back Rotations - You can do this with or without a chair, I find it easier with a chair as I use the sides of the chair to help pull me further in this stretch. I tend to do this one the same during both warm-up and cool-downs but also do this multiple times during the day especially when I’m just sat on the laptop all day. Perfect mobility exercise for desk job workers!
7. Pelvic Tilts - Small but mighty! You might not be able to see exactly what I am doing here but pelvic tilts are especially great for women (and more specifically during pregnancy but this should be done standing up in a slight squat stance against a wall not lying down). Really try to draw your belly button into the floor, hold for a few seconds and then release.
Remember to SAVE ☝🏼🤗 - 1 hour ago