My version of ratatouille ✨
- 100g green beans (or zucchini I used what I had in my fridge so I used beans)
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 aubergine
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 x 400g whole and peeled tomato, blitzed
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 5 Tbsp macadamia oil
- 1.5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Handful of finely chopped parsley
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Roughly chop the aubergine, capsicum and green beans into medium to large chunks
2. Heat 3tbsp of the oil in a medium to large pot and sauté the veg until they are tender but not cooked all the way through.
3. Remove from the pot and place in a bowl for now.
4. Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp of oil and add the onion, garlic, thyme and basil and cook until translucent. Add the tomato paste and cook for about 4-5 minutes to get a nice umami flavour but without burning it.
5. Add the tomato and veg back into the pot along with the balsamic and some salt and pepper.
6. Cover and simmer on a low heat for about 35-60 mins depending on your stove top - veg must be soft and buttery and sauce nice and thick but not too thick as you want it saucy! 😉
7. Take off the heat and finely grate in the lemon zest, add parsley and tear in the fresh basil. Adjusting seasoning to preference and voila!
8. Serve with some nice steamed rice or massive hunks of artisanal bread! A great #meatfreemonday meal and so wholesome!
#healthylifestyle #cleaneating #cleaneatingrecipe #healthyfood #healthyfoodrecipes #healthyrecipes #food #delicious #deliciousfood #foodie #recipe #recipes #health #healthyliving #glutenfree #glutenfreerecipes #wellness #vegetarianrecipes #meatfree #vegan #dairyfree - 2 hours ago