Look for the perfect Easter weekend dessert ? We got you covered ! FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
½ cup of honey
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
4 large eggs beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups zucchini shredded
Ingredients (Coconut Frosting):
3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked 2-3 hours and rinsed
2 Tbsp. coconut oil, if possible solid, but soft
3 Tbsp. raw honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. sea salt
2-4 Tbsp. water, as needed for blending
½ cup dry unsweetened coconut
1) Chunk up the zucchini and put in your food processor. Chop it until it is a fine pulp.
2) Sieve together the dry ingredients- coconut flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt- so that there are no lumps.
3) In a small bowl, mix together the honey, vanilla, coconut oil and eggs.
4) Stir into the dry mixture with the whisk- but only about 20 times- do not over mix!
5) Stir in the zucchini and add extra liquid if too much has been released.
6) Pour the mixture into a greased 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until the center is solid.
7) Allow the cake to cool before icing.
Instructions (Coconut Frosting):
1) Soak sunflower seeds for 2 hours or overnight.
2) Add the plump, soaked sunflower seeds to your blender and whizz them with a couple tablespoons of water and the lemon juice until a smooth paste forms.
3) Pour in the honey, coconut oil and salt then blend again.
4) Finally add the vanilla and blend for a full minute, whipping everything into a smooth icing.
5) Use a spatula to pour the frosting out into a bowl. Then, add the coconut and mix in gently.
6) Add to your chocolaty cake!
#wildfit #getwildfit #wildfitsummer #wildfitfall #health #cake #chocolatecake #cakerecipe #healthycake #chocolate #dessert #wholefoods #paleo #transformation #jointhechallenge #goals #foodporn #bepositive #healthyrecipe #yum #healthydessert #healthyfood #foodfreedom #foodrevolution #frosting - 9 minutes ago