CHANA BIRYANI (Chickpea Biryani) for lunch today! Mouth watering and full of flavors. ️
Head over to my story highlights to see the step by step recipe of Chickpea BiryaniIngredients:
Oil 3/4 cup
Onion 3-4 large (sliced)
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Whole spices (Cumin 1 tsp, black cardamom 1, Cinnamon stick 1, Cloves 3-4, green cardamom 2-3)
Tomatoes 3-4 large (sliced)
Red Chilli Powder 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 2 tbsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
Salt 1 tbsp or to taste
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder 1 tbsp(Optional)
Yellow food color pinch
Aloo bukhara 6-7
Yogurt 250 gms
Chickpeas 2 cups (boiled)
Ginger julienne to garnish
Tomatoes sliced to garnish
Mint handful to garnish
Coriander to garnish
Fried onion to garnish
Rice 1/2 kg (90% boiled)
Kewra water 1 tsp
- In pot,heat oil, add sliced onions and fry until light golden. - Add ginger garlic paste and sauté.
- Now add cumin seeds,cloves,black cardamom,cinnamon stick and green cardamom, mix well.
- Add sliced tomatoes, cover and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, salt, Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder, pinch of yellow food color, dried plums and 1/4 cup water and cook until oil comes on top.
- Now add whipped yogurt and cook a little. - Add boiled chickpeas, cover and cook for 7-8 minutes on medium to low flame.
- Now when the gravy is cooked, add mint leaves, coriander, ginger julienne, tomatoes and fried onion.
- Now layer boiled rice, remaining mint, coriander, fried onion and yellow food color mixed in kewra water. - Cover and steam cook for 5-6 minutes on high flame and 15-20 minutes on medium to low flame. - Chana biryani is ready to serve.
#myculinaryexperience #pakistanifood #pakistanfoodbloggers #desifood #biryanilovers #biryanilove #fooddiary #foodblogger #foodbloggerkarachi #food_art_pakistan #foodography #foodgram #hosting_foodies #chanabiryani #chickpea #biryani #rice - 14 hours ago