Whoever said 3 is a crowd was definitely not referring to #tacos . This week we are getting ready for the long holiday weekend ahead by thinking more on summer ingredients and having a sunshine state of mind. These Zesty Sweet Potato Tacos will be a great add to the spread this #MDW by throwing the sweets on the grill. Now let’s have some tacos!
For the Sweet Potatoes and Beans:
3 cups cubed sweet potatoes (@wholefoods makes it so easy with already prepared cubed sizes)
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
½ teaspoon each of ground cinnamon, cayenne powder, cumin, and sea salt
1 15-oz can black beans (organic if possible)
For the Zest Sauce:
2 cups of cilantro
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
2 garlic cloves, peeled and roasted
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
Pinch of grated ginger
For the Tacos:
12 small corn tortillas
Optional toppings: cilantro, red onion, more sauce, etc. Fresh chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add cubed sweet potatoes to a baking sheet and drizzle with oil, and add the spices. Toss to combine, bake for 20-25 minutes.
2. Add beans to a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook until bubbly, set aside and keep warm.
3. Prepare the zest sauce. Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside until ready to serve.
4. Add baked sweet potatoes to a mixing bowl along with black beans and 1/4 cup of the Zest sauce. Stir to combine and set aside.
5. Warm tortillas in oven for about 3-4 minutes.
6. Divide toppings between warmed tortillas and garnish with additional toppings you wish to have.
I would love to hear what you have planned for #MDW and what summer produce you are excited to dive into! #t4tacos ️ - 11 minutes ago