Saw this little fella on my daily walks with Mindy. I wondered about the effort he was putting in to cross the path. The nerd in me decided to figure out that it probably took him 2 hours to cross the path. In snail years that's 36 hours! Yes, 36 hours!!! I started to think about this. Would I ever commit to doing 36 hours of something that seemed boring, or not worth it. No, probably not because I like to feel satisfaction when I do things.
How many times do we put off our dreams because it seems to hard, long or boring to start or to continue? I think we could all learn from the humble snail on how to stop procrastinating and just go.
So what can we do when we feel stuck, overwhelmed or dissatisfied?
Some practical things that we can try to break the monotony, and to recharge and refocus...
1) journal, just get thoughts on paper. If that feels hard, check out @the.holistic.psychologist for great way to journal.
2) read, unplug from the world and lose yourself in someone's story.
3) nature, go for a walk, Listen to the birds, the trees. Notice the colors and textures. Smell the flowers.
4) exercise, whatever appeals to you. gym, yoga, boxing, dance etc...
5) cook/bake. Put on your favourite music, shake that booty and make something delicious for yourself.
Sometimes when we feel stuck, we need to ask ourselves the hard questions.
1) what do I feel needs to change?
2) what can I do in the present moment?
Maybe it's writing down goals or taking a course you want to.
3) what is stopping me from taking the next step ( I find I like to blame others when I do this) remember you have the power to create your own life.
4) what things are most important to me?
5) what values do I want to live by?
6) what do I need to stop doing so I can start living?
These questions always challenge us. They cause us to look deep within ourselves and find our authenticity. This can be incredibly scary for those of us who have had to build our identity around fitting in and pleasing people. It's hard work, but the results are worth it.
So today be like the humble snail and just start, even if you can't see the way.
Tell me how you get yourself out of a rut!🏿🏻 - 1 hour ago