Day 140. Pomegranate Cheesecake! Finally got a recipe for you guys as it was requested a lot!
- For crust
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (115gr) unsalted butter, melted - For filling
3 (8oz) packages (700gr) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 (14oz) can (400gr) sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup lemon juice
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
3 large eggs, at room temperature - For pomegranate sauce
¾ cups (150gr) sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch, sifted
2 cups (480ml) pomegranate juice
1. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add butter and mix well. Press onto the bottom and sides of an ungreased 9-inch spring form pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
3. In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until fluffy on medium speed. Slowly add condensed milk and continue to mix until combined. Stir in lemon juice, vanilla extract and salt. Beat in the eggs one at a time and mix just until combined on low speed. Transfer the batter into the prepared crust.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. When the cheesecake is cooked, the edges are set and slightly wobbly in the center. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then carefully run a knife around edge of the pan to loosen; cool for about an hour.
5. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the pomegranate juice. Cook the sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to thicken. When the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, remove from heat and let cool.
6. Once the cheesecake is completely cooled, remove springform sides of the pan. Pour 1/3 of the pomegranate sauce and decorate with some pomegranate seeds. Refrigerate overnight, or at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with the remaining pomegranate sauce on the side. - 57 minutes ago