HIIT or LISS️ Now I personally love HIIT but that doesn’t mean everyone else does. There are even people who can’t do HIIT due to medical reasons so LISS is a perfect alternative.
Both are great and here is why
HIIT: HIIT stands for High-Intensity Interval Training,
1. Super-efficient HIIT is the ideal workout for a busy schedule. All you’ll really need to do is 10-15 minutes
2. You will burn calories during HIIT workouts but your body will also be in hyperdrive due to the intensity of the workout which means you burn more fat/calories in 24 hours after HIIT.
3. Boosts Metabolism: The American College of Sports and Medicine said that High Intensity Interval Training helps you consume more oxygen than a non-interval workout routine. The excess amount of oxygen consumed helps increase your rate of metabolism from about 90 minutes to 144 minutes after a session of interval training. Thus the increased metabolism helps burn more calories at a faster rate. METHOD: Sprints: 30 Seconds off, 30 Seconds on repeat 10 times at 80% Maximal heart rate
LISS: LISS stands for Low-Intensity Steady State training / Target heart rate of 45-60% of your estimated maximal heart rate.
1. Steady Constant Pace: Will kick-start weight loss, increase blood flow, and promote oxygen delivery within cells.
2. Great Alternative: As I said before some people suffer from joint problems and HIIT/Circuit training can be incredibly damaging so LISS will help you stay fit and healthy without over doing it.
3. LISS includes walking so this would be perfect for active rest days and beginners
4. LISS is a safe, effective way to build cardiovascular endurance METHOD: Brisk Walk 25-30 Minutes 50% Maximal heart rate.
To simply put it…. either one is great but it is truly down to you what you prefer to do and try!
Credit @krissycela @krissycela - 21 hours ago