️️️️️️ “Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart.” ~MenciuLearn
1. Read a book you loved as a kid. My book of choice: Oh the Places You Will Go by Dr. Seuss.
2. Figure out how something works, even if it’s irrelevant to your life, just because it’s interesting. Go ahead—Google “how fish breathe” or something you don’t fully understand.
3. Fill out your own permission slip to go to the aquarium, a museum, or a nearby tourist attraction. If something looks interesting, take a break and go!
4. Do something fun. Make a Lego village, pull out the coloring book, or jump rope.
5. Explore. Walk around your block without any intention. Just see what’s going on, maybe even using a big fallen branch as a walking stick.
6. Run or skip if you feel like it. Flail your arms, like Phoebe in my favorite episode of Friends.
7. Be silly. Look for funny things in your day—they’re always there—and let yourself laugh about them.
8. Try a new look. Think the kid from Adam Sandler’s Big Daddy, when he dressed himself, but a little less ridiculous.
9. Remember something awesome and call a friend to share it. (i.e.: ‘Member the time we made pizza for breakfast? That was awesome, huh?) 10. Tell someone they’re your hero. If you admire what they do, look right in their eyes and say, “I think you’re pretty awesome.” 11. Be a know it all. Tell someone about something you learned today and get excited about sharing it.
12. Tell it like it is. Don’t be a liar, liar, pants on fire. As Dr. Seuss said, “Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” 13. Be vulnerable. Tell someone how you feel or what you really want to be when you grow up, without making them pinky swear to take it to the grave.
14. Share a meal with people around a table, even if it isn’t a special occasion, like that Norman Rockwell painting families often recreate.
15. Tell your mom and dad (or favorite relative) you love them. Call them right now and say it for no reason other than it being true.
Be happy! ️️️️️ - 1 hour ago