Homemade ‘nice’ cream sandwiched between two layers of super fudgy brownie. Okay, now who wants to help me eat some of these before they all melt?!
Recipe for this CHUNKY MONKEY Brownie 'Nice' Cream Sandwich (Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free) 🏽
3 large eggs
¾ cup coconut sugar
½ cup tahini
1 tsp vanilla extract
⅓ cup cocoa powder, sifted
¼ tsp salt
2 bars - 70% @theochocolate , roughly chopped
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 large bananas, cut into slices and frozen (~2 cups)
2 tbsp almond milk
¼ cup natural peanut butter + additional ⅓ cup
⅓ cup Toasted coconut flakes
½ bar, @theochocolate Coconut dark chocolate bar, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line two, 8x4 loaf pans with parchment paper.
2. Make your brownie - start by stirring together wet ingredients (eggs, coconut sugar, tahini, vanilla extract) in a large mixing bowl.
3. Once combined, stir in your sifted cocoa powder and ¼ tsp salt.
4. Lastly stir in two bars of melted @thechocolate 70% dark chocolate/coconut oil mixture (in a microwave safe bowl, melt the bars with 1 tbsp coconut oil in 30 second intervals until melted,~90 seconds)
5. Once combined, split batter between the two 8x4 loaf pans and bake at 350F for 15 - 17 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes in pan before removing to cool completely.
6. Once your brownies have cooled completely (~1 hour), make your ‘Nice’ Cream. In a food processor or high speed blender, add your frozen banana slices and almond milk.
7. Once no chunks of banana remain, add in the ¼ cup of peanut butter, toasted coconut flakes, and half of a @theochocolate coconut bar, blending until fully combined.
8. Time to assemble - line a 8x4 loaf pan with parchment paper and place one of the cooled brownie halves, top down. With a spatula, evenly spread half of the ‘nice’ cream mixture and swirl in extra ⅓ cup peanut butter.
9. Pour remaining half of the ‘nice’ cream on top, spreading in an even layer with the spatula. Top with the other 8x4 cooled brownie layer. Move to freezer to harden (~1 - 2 hours). 11. Remove from loaf pan and trim edges/excess nice cream. Cut into 8 slices. Store in freezer. - 3 days ago