I just wanted to share a quick 5 minute meditation routine that’s perfect to do before you go to sleep! Many believe that meditating is only for religious or spiritual purposes but it’s also a HUGE key for deep relaxation & de-stressing. Follow these steps & tell me how you feel after 💗 artwork background by @elizalynntobin ✨ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Cleanse your space! If you decide to do this before bed, I advise to make your space tidy and free of any clutter that could potentially become distracting.
2. Silence your environment. Cut the tv off, turn off/lower your music ( if you prefer some peaceful tunes) and most importantly silence your phone.
3, 4, & 5. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, lay down, & count to 10.
6. Begin by focusing all of your attention to your toes, feel the space that they are in, what’s touching them, feel your feet on the bed and begin to release any tension in this area until it’s fully relaxed.
7. Gradually move your focus up your body, releasing any tension in these areas.
8. Once you’ve released the tension in your lower body, steady your attention at your mid back. (Here & our neck is where many of us hold the most tension without realizing.) Take your time and slowly release, feeling yourself sink into the bed and fully grasp your surroundings.
9. Repeat step 7 & 8 once you’ve reached your neck space.
10. I advise to slowly come out of this step. Take in the moment once you’ve reached the top of your crown and breathe. Slowly open your eyes and you’re done✨
BOOM & it’s that easy to unplug and treat yourself to some self lovin! Namaste to those of y’all that actually took the time to read all the steps or plan on trying it out 💗
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#meditation #meditate #relaxation #yoga #yogi #breathe #healthwellness #spirituality #love #light #vibes #positivevibes #healthtips #explorepage #beauty #lifestyle #behavioralhealth #holistichealth #psychology #sfsu #bayarea #bayareamentalhealth #mentalhealth #publichealth #viral #holistichealing - 6 minutes ago